Automation DevOps Engineer
Job Vacancy Information and Application Form
Contact us and send us your CV for review.
Automation DevOps Engineer
Service Orchestration, DevOps Team
Flexible - working from home, office or on customer sites.
Commensurate with experience.
This is an amazing opportunity for a passionate IT generalist who should have a wide-ranging knowledge of both development and operations, including scripting and coding, infrastructure management, system administration and automation toolchains. You don't need to know it all, we can teach you, but you need to be self-motivated and comfortable in a start-up culture!
Duties and Responsibilities:
- • Custom script and code development for infrastructure and application deployment automation, particularly in modern data centre and private cloud environments
- • Solution development around automated software lifecycle and release management
- • Public and private cloud platform integrations with customer's exiting operational and business systems
- • Building Proof of Solutions / Proof of Value demonstrations to customer requirements
- • Acting in the role of Technical Lead on customer engagements where needed, taking responsibility for customer requirements and project deliverables
- • New technology assessment and outcome presentation to peers, with a view to becoming a subject matter expert
- • Collaboratively building innovative Metsi solutions and developing associated webinars, blog content and whitepapers
- • Documentation of customer solutions, process and knowledge basis
- • Good knowledge of a scripting language and API integrations, ideally deep skills in one language (Python would be an advantage)
- • Good foundation of coding skills and understanding of software lifecycles and release management
- • Familiarity with infrastructure-as-code and infrastructure automation, especially Terraform
- • Experience with containers and container frameworks advantageous
- • Knowledge of 1 or more public cloud providers solutions, tools and APIs beneficial
- • Self-starter and able to work autonomously when needed
- • Good people and communications skills - you will be in front of customers
- • A structured approach to problem solving and solution management
- • Experience of working in a start-up environment or culture an advantage
We are a fast-moving organisation at the forefront of driving digital maturity in this multi-cloud world. End-to-end automation is everything to us, and our Engineering Team is core to building intelligent solutions that drive innovation and business agility for our customers. With a global presence and an emphasis on employee work-life balance, Metsi provides great opportunity for travel and flexible working arrangement, as well as personal development and growth.