Location: Central London to start then home-based
Reports to: Network Solutions Architect
Duration/Type: Permanent, Full-time
Salary: Commensurate with Experience
Exciting opportunity for a Cisco Senior Network Engineer to join an innovative IT Services technology firm and work on next generation technology.
You will be joining a new team focused on Cisco ACI, designing, implementing, developing & helping automate the solutions. You will be involved in projects related to Data Centre Infrastructure & Migration, Cloud & Service Catalogue Solutions, Virtualisation, Infrastructure and Cloud Delivery Solutions, Puppet Labs and Automation technologies.
The role would involve development, consultancy and support, working remotely and on customer site. Training will be provided on the respective toolsets.
• The candidate must have experience of Cisco ACI and Software Defined Networking solutions.
• Multi-tenant environments.
• Strong routing and switching skills with the ability to design complex technical networking solutions.
• The ability to scope projects and present to customers, and lead on complex presales engagements.
• A background in consultancy, at both pre and post sales stage.
• A willingness to travel.
• CCIE an advantage but must at least be able to demonstrate CCIE level of expertise in security and routing and switching.
• Firewall & Load Balancer experience with Cisco ASA, Palo Alto, Fortinet and / or Checkpoint.
• Nexus 9K, 7K, 5K, ASR CSR.
• BGP, OSPF.
• vPCs, L2 & L3 connectivity.
• Data Centre interconnect experience.
• Authentication methods.
• Be able to work as a team or as an individual, as projects require.
• Cisco UCS Director experience, training can be provided.
• VMware experience.
• ITIL Experience.
• Public Cloud experience.
• Willingness to work outside of the ‘normal, traditional’ network deployments.
• Support Network Architect with Strategic & Tactical high-level solutions.
• Able to act as a mentor to other team members.
• Assist with Pre-Sales technical enquiries.
• Attend Customer opportunity / strategy meetings to define the scope of customer solutions required.
• Undertake individual consultancy assignments, analysing customer requirements, gathering and analysing data, recommending solutions.
• Technically manage the design and implementation of solutions with the exception of those, which are high risk/large scale.
• Attend and present at customer workshops and meetings.
• Produce / update project documentation.
• Undertake knowledge transfer to customer or third-party personnel.
• Ensure that hand over to relevant support organisation is successfully completed.
• Work as part of a team on larger solutions.
Salary Range – Commensurate with experience.
STRICTLY NO AGENCIES PLEASE