Exciting opportunity for a graduate Software Developer to join an innovative IT Services technology firm and work on next generation technology.
Reporting into the Development Manager, graduate software developers will have the opportunity to be involved in the design, development, modification and maintenance of various software products development by Metsi.
To become a key member of the Development team you will need to have strong development skills, be hard working and be able to fit in well within the team.
- To understand the industry requirements of Metsi’s customer base and develop a thorough understanding of how those requirements are met by Metsi’s product range.
- To propose and assess solutions to design problems, including identifying and evaluating new technologies and third part components.
- To develop software according to published standards and guidelines, including code standards and user interface design guidelines.
- To support and maintain existing software functionality; to investigate, analyse and correct identified defects within established service level agreements.
- To develop software to meet requirements / specifications in accordance with the development schedule.
- To investigate existing software functionality to answer support queries within established service level agreements.
- Continually update skills by learning new technologies relevant to the role.
- Promote and advocate best practices within the development team and throughout the business.
Skills & Experience
- Graduated with a grade of 2:1 or above
- Graduated in a Technical related degree such as: Computer Science, Applied Computing, Software Engineering, Web Development, Computer Games Programming, Computing for Business
In addition to the above any of the following though not essential would be beneficial
- Previous commercial experience e.g. sandwich placement
- Experience developing applications in C#, Python, GO, iOS, Android and/or Java
- Ability to write and optimize SQL queries
- Experience of building micro services architecture and containers (docker, kubernetes)
- Integration experience using REST, SOAP and related technologies
- Experience of Xamarin or similar development frameworks
- Experience with Reactj.js SQL, XML and XSLT advantageous
- Understanding of ITSM and ITIL a plus
- Experience with one virtualization technology (VMware or Hyper-V) advantageous
- Experience with one of the IT layers (networking, Storage, System Management) advantageous
You will be able to demonstrate the following attributes:
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent problem solving ability
- Quick learner
- A logical thinker
- Able to use own initiative
- Ability to work under pressure
- Able to work alone and with other people
- Attention to detail
- Passionate about technology
The first 12 months of this position is part funded by the UpScaler project which is funded by European Regional Development Fund