Hashicorp Consul Engineer
Job Vacancy Information and Application Form
Contact us and send us your CV for review.
Hashicorp Consul Engineer
Remote - working from home during US hours.
The Consul Cloud Infrastructure Engineer role is for anyone passionate about technology and innovation looking to join a highly collaborative team. You will work closely with various areas of the enterprise to define, architect, and enable the delivery of cloud services and solutions, focusing on Hashicorp Consul and infrastructure as code (IAC) across a multi-tiered, multi cloud strategy.
The candidate must have a deep understanding of:
- • Hashicorp Consul Implementation/Adoption
- • Hashicorp Cloud Operating Model
- • Cloud Networking
- • Lifecycle Configuration Management
Understanding and knowledge of one of these cloud providers:
- • Amazon Web Services
- • Microsoft Azure
- • Google Cloud
Understanding and experience with:
- • Infrastructure as Code (Terraform).
- • Experience and strong knowledge of virtual machine, virtual networking and software defined data center concepts.
- • Experience monitoring and testing network performance; using logs, packet capture and other tools to optimize network and system utilization.
- • Knowledge of routing and switching (including routing protocols).
- • System performance statistics and reporting.
- • Proficiency and/or knowledge of the broader service mesh ecosystem and other service mesh tools (Istio, Linkerd, Traefik).
- • Proficiency and/or knowledge of other service discovery tools (Zookeeper, Etcd).
- • Proficiency and/or knowledge of existing Hashicorp tools such as Terraform and Vault, in addition to Consul.
- • Familiarity with service-oriented architectures, and ideally have worked on an infrastructure or platform team building internal tooling to deploy, connect and monitor them.
- • Knowledge of network infra-automation NIA and CTS and F5 Integrations.
- • Primary Responsibility will be to Architect, Document, and help adoption of Hashicorp Consul within the Enterprise.
- • Develop and maintain standard infrastructure as code modules (using Terraform) for reuse by development teams and other business units.
- • Develop, document, and manage enterprise technical standards alongside the Cloud Center of Excellence for the use, deployment, support, and governance of cloud technologies.
- • Lead and/or participate on a team designing, developing, and testing laC solutions for laaS and PaaS solutions for on-prem or cloud platforms.
- • Collaborate with product teams to understand platform and cloud challenges, identify solutions, and guide the teams in implementing the solution.
- • Stay abreast of cloud technologies, capabilities, and industry use of cloud to help guide strategy and adoption.
- • Write non-templated documentation as needed to support tasks, like: process and procedures documents for operational support, lessons learned, diagrams, systems administration guidelines, systems set-up documentation, hardware integration test plans and results.
- • Migrate complex multi-tier applications across the applicable customer’s clouds.
- • Design, optimize, and document the operational aspects of the Cloud platform.
- • Work closely with customers to develop robust and reusable configuration management components.
- • Support change, incident, and problem management activities related to end-to-end cloud operations.
- • Hashicorp Consul Certification is preferred
Years of Experience:
- • AWS, Google Cloud, and/or MS Azure - 2 years
- • Hashicrop Consul - 2 years
About Metsi US
Metsi US, based in Nashville, TN, is a digital systems integrator that accelerates digital transformation for the IT enterprise through continuous digital innovation, digital applications, hybrid multicloud adoption, microservices, software defined, and Anything-as-a-Service (XaaS). We create the secure IT flexibility that meets business demand.
Metsi US’s goal is to deliver fast and comprehensive technology modernization, based on best of breed technologies, both COTS and open source; compelling consulting and thought leadership; and stellar engineering delivery. We believe in excellence, integrity, and comradery.
Metsi US is an OEM services partner of Cisco, ServiceNow, RedHat, Microsoft, VMware, AppDynamics, Dynatrace, Morpheus, CloudBolt, Spectro Cloud, NetBrain, and PMG. Metsi also holds VAR services partnerships with WWT, Technologent, Trace3, Sirius Computer Solutions, and Synnex.